Sunday 2 March 2014

A visit to the art gallery in Helsinki

After staying in Turku for some time, my friends and I together with our student tutors decided to visit the national capital of Finland, Helsinki. It is fun to explore different places. At least I didn't know that until I got to Helsinki. Helsinki is indeed a beautiful city with so many interesting things to see.

I had seen the river get frozen in Turku as a result of the heavy snow. But seeing a frozen sea fascinated me. I would have loved to walk on the frozen sea like I saw others do. This however was not possible because I was on the bus. We went sightseeing in Helsinki and got to see a lot of wonderful places including the “doom” church and the art museum.

A display of art works

The museum was beautiful I must acknowledge that fact. However, at the mention of museum, I expected to see something big. I mean a big building with a lot of paintings. After watching the photographs in the museum, I got to appreciate a little more of art. I actually love to watch art work. The funny thing however is that, I do not understand what I watch.
 Eva at the art gallery



I most often just look at an art work without thinking of any deeper story behind the work. But it is interesting how these artists appreciate the work they do. A photographer after taking a photograph can actually explain what exactly the photograph means. But the situation is different in my world. I just watch the photograph and that is it. Interesting isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment