Thursday 6 February 2014

A typical day in a media class

I have always had a little knowledge about media. In fact I think media is the channel through which information is disseminated to an audience. At least that is what I can say in my own words. Journalism for Civic Involvement in Democracy (JOCID II) Project was one great platform that made me practice more of media work.

We had lessons and discussions on media and handling the zoom recorder when JOCID organized a one week intensive workshop in Ghana.

Uncategoried Photos
Some exchange students doing practical work


I also got the opportunity through JOCID to be taught by foreign lecturers ,it was really a nice experience.  Back in the Ghana Institute of Journalism (G.I.J) , last semester especially I get excited anytime it was a Wednesday.
This is because Wednesdays were the days we had a course in New Media. The lecturer who handled this course was very very interested. In fact, I describe him as interesting by nature. I usually love his lectures because he makes sure his students practice theory with practicals.

Talking about practicals, we were asked to create blogs, open accounts on twitter, linked in, delicious , face book and what have you. In fact because of this particular course, some of us had to change our phones to smart phones.

Most people who were internet phobia had to become friends of the internet. It is on Wednesdays in particular that you will see a lot of my colleagues with their laptop bags.
Uncategoried Photos
A lecture in session
Being interviewed or talking to a recorder or a camera is one thing people fear to do. But I love doing this a lot. My discussions and lectures I have had in media has really boosted my confidence especially when I am the interviewee. Am out...

No comments:

Post a Comment